Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Around Missouri

Be Sure to Check Out My Previous Post: Kansas City-Part 2 "Worlds of Fun/Oceans of Fun!"

Welcome to Maryville
Well my week in Kansas City was a blast, but I was ready to get back out on the road. A little over 2 hours north was my next stop, in Maryville. Out of all the small town that I visited this summer, Maryville was easily one of my favorites. The town of just under 12,000 people, is mainly kept afloat by the local university: Northwest Missouri State University (Go Bearcats!). With the amount of school spirit in this tiny town, it could easily rival a major university. The campus was small but very pretty with how open everything was.

Great Pizza!
As with most small towns, everyone was extremely friendly, and during my audit at their community pool, I had an awesome time talking with their guards and managers. I even happened to pass a few of them in the local Wal-mart the day after and they made sure to come up to me to and say hi again. I ate a small family pizza shop and had some of the best pizza on the road! I also ate at the Applebee's and had a blast with the bartender, who joined my team for their trivia night. Someday I hope to return to this town, it was a blast.
Cows!

So after leaving Maryville, I headed east, and passed through the "Tri-C" area and met some cows who were very interested in what I was doing. I took a quick stop to go and say hello and snap a photo. And driving the back roads of Missouri wouldn't be complete without being slowed down by a combine on the road.

Very Nice Comfort Inn
My last city in Missouri, was Chillicothe. A slightly larger town, with still not much going on. However the notable stop here was the Comfort Inn & Suites that I stayed in. It was only 3 years old, but had won the #1 ranking for their brand for the last 2 of the years. And they didn't disappoint!
Eating like an Adult

The decor was awesome, and the rooms were very comfortable. Right next door was another Applebee's, where I realized that as an adult, I could order an appetizer, skip the main course and go straight to dessert! Definitely a great decision.

Didn't get enough photos? Check out more photos in the #LyfInFocus-Around Missouri Album!

 Be Sure to Check Out my Next Post: Iowa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before being displayed.