Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Stillwater Station

Be Sure to Check Out My Previous Post: See Norman!

So when I received my routing and found out that I would be in Oklahoma, Stillwater was on my radar of places that I had to see. If you are wondering what the significance of Stillwater, OK is to me, then you are in luck!

During my time at Purdue, I was heavily involved with the Bands department, eventually becoming a sister (yes a sister) of Tau Beta Sigma, Honorary Band Sorority (its a co-ed organization, but is technically considered a Sorority). Anyways, our national headquarters is located in at Stillwater Station in Oklahoma and is shared with our brother organization, Kappa Kappa Psi (also co-ed).

My visit happened on a Sunday so the office wasn't open, however everything surrounding it was. Stillwater Station is an old railroad depot, which was dually as cool for me as I love trains. The building itself was very well preserved. Surrounding the main building was a preserved train car as well as a paved brick pathway.

TBS and KKY currently have a program where chapters or individuals can buy personalized bricks to help repave the surrounding area of the depot.

This short 15 minute stop out of my whole summer meant a lot to me. I have given alot to this organization and it has given a lot back to me and it was truly an honor to visit. For those who are also part of either of these two organizations, I encourage you to make the journey someday.

For more photos be sure to check out the #LyfInFocus-Stillwater Station album!


Stay tuned for the next post: Wichita!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before being displayed.