Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Arizona

Be Sure to Check out my Previous Post: Where did #LyfInFocus come from?

Well after a few much needed days at home with my family, I'm back on the road again ready to hit
The Road to Mecca
the West Coast!

First up is the Phoenix Arizona area. To get there is a quick 6 hour drive through the beautiful desert! Can you see my hint at sarcasm?? I even passed the road to Mecca on my way.

It was a little toasty.
I had visited phoenix several times, from the air and the Sky Harbor Airport, but never to actually see the city. Well unfortunately for me, I came at the hottest part of the year, where it was no joke, 118degrees outside!! And there was a small bit of humidity to accompany it, so I was miserable. I joked with one of the pool managers that I could bake cookies in my car.... she then responded "oh yea, my guards do it at least once every summer!" It was just miserably hot. And later that night, I walked out side and it felt like it had really cooled off.... in reality it was just 104. Just crazy. I don't think my iPhone much liked it either.

However, to offset the heat, there was what I will forever argue is the best carne asada around. (If for
Fili's Carne Asada
some unfortunate reason you don't know the pure gold that is carne asada is, please Google it). Fillibertos Mexican food is a chain of Mexican restaurants in both southern California and Arizona, and is quite delicious. I enjoyed both a Carne Asada Burrito and Carne Asada fries, and was in pure heaven. At that point the heat was non-existent.

SpringHill Suites by Marriott
During my stay in Arizona I stayed in a SpringHill Suites by Marriott, one of my favorite properties. My room was separated into 2 parts, with a sitting area with a couch on one end, and the beds on the other. And for $69 a night, it was a great deal!

Here's a Hint at whats coming up later this week
On my way out of Arizona, I stopped by the Cardinals Stadium, which is pretty cool. Its a stadium with a retractable roof, as well as a retractable field!! You might wonder why they do that, and the answer is simple. So the grass can grow under the sun!

Be Sure to check out all of the photos in the #LyfInFocus-Arizona album!

Be Sure to Check out my next post: Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before being displayed.