Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Where did #LyfInFocus come from?

Be Sure to Check Out My Previous Post: Road Trip to California: Day 3- Colorado to California!

So some of you may have been wondering where I came up with the title #LyfInFocus (and if you weren't, just humor me for a minute). Well it wasn't some master plan that I came up with at the beginning of the summer. Actually, I had some pretty bad titles, that just never seemed to fit.

Well at the beginning of the summer, I started this blog, and then shortly found out during training week that I wouldn't be able to post until the summer was over for obvious reasons. But I had started writing just a bit so I could plan out how it would all go. But as any good blogger knows, your work is nothing without a good title. I think of a few of my favorite blogs that I read on a daily basis and their titles:
-Screamscape (www.screamscape.com)- Its the webs largest and most comprehensive database of news updates and coaster/ride rumors for theme parks around the world. But would its readers be as drawn to it if they called themselves "Amusement park news collection", probably not.
-WestCoaster (www.westcoaster.net)- This page is a collection of photo trip reports from mainly west coast theme parks. Sometimes they have other parks not on the west coast, but what a cool name!

But other times they are a bit more personal, or link to their personalities. For me, #LyfInFocus came to me on my last day on the road, in the middle of Southern Texas. I was sending a snap chat to a friend, and captioned it "my life is this focus". And then it came to me that I've spent my life this past summer in a Focus. Thus #LyfInFocus. Its Lyf because Life In Focus was taken. It instantly felt right, and I told a few people and they agreed.

This summer, I have had 3 different cars, all Ford Focus'. Each of them I had a different bond with, but I think I had the closest relationship with my first car. Her name was Fiona, and she was with me for my first 11,000 miles this summer. She was a Sterling Metallic Grey Hatchback. Here are a few pics of her.


Unfortunately I had to eventually return her for an oil change, and was then given a new focus, this time a White Platinum sedan, with leather interior and Sirius Satellite Radio pre-installed! She drove great, especially in sport mode. However after about 2 weeks, she got named Jail Bait, and I had to exchange once again.



My last car, was another Sterling Metallic Grey Hatchback, this time, there was a 2 toned maroon and black leather interior, that smelled like cheap cologne. Took me about 2 weeks to finally get that scent out of there.

So after a month of blogging, I'm quite happy with the title, and feel that it applies to my life quite well and have adapted it in other areas too.

So what do you all think? Is it a good fit? Is there anything else I could be doing to make these more interesting to read for you? As always, thanks for your time, and I look forward to continuing to write more of these in the coming weeks!

Be sure to check out my next post: Arizona!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before being displayed.