Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Road Trip to California: Day 3- Colorado to California!

Be Sure to Check Out My Previous Post: Road Trip to California: Day 2-Kansas and Colorado!

 And for my next trip.... 800 miles in 12 hours! So to be honest, scenery wise this was the most dull
Leaving Colorful Colorado
of days. Most of the drive was through desert with not much to see. However while there were a few side trips I could have taken, I was so excited to get home that I pushed through and didn't even stop for food. However i think this does take the cake for most states in 1 day at 5; Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Nevada and California.

Shortly after getting on the road, I came to Black Dragon Canyon. It was a cool natural display of 250 million years of sediment layers. I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a panoramic photo. It is also important to note that there was the typical roadside Utah Indian peddling his necklaces and bracelets. If you feel insulted by this, please don't. I make this statement, because at almost every small little rest area in Utah there were Indians selling necklaces. It was just something interesting I noted.
Panoramic shot of Black Dragon Canyon, UT

The final stretch of I-70 was down a grade surrounded by a beautiful Forrest, no pictures were taken here because the road was quite windy. I then came upon the I-15 which would be my road home for the next 500 miles.
Welcomed by Arizona! How Fancy

After leaving Utah, there is about a 20 mile stretch of Arizona through some cool tall canyons.

When I came into Vegas I made my final gas stop, and decided to document the bugs on my car. I got her washed the day before I left Purdue, and this was the accumulation as I drove across the country. It was pretty crazy! some of them even seemed to be a part of the paint from the high speed impact.

Bugs I Collected
From here it was 4.5 hours until home, and boy was I excited! One of the best parts was that my younger brother was unaware of me coming home, so when I pulled into the driveway, boy was he excited.

Welcome to California!
Well that brings us to the end of the cross country trip. In total it was about 2,100 miles and roughly 34 hours of driving, but it further amazed me at what a beautiful and Diverse country we live in.

If you want to see all the pictures from this trip, be sure to check out the #LyfInFocus-Indiana To California Album!

Be sure to check out my next Post: Where did #LyfInFocus come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before being displayed.