Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Texas to Oklahoma

Be Sure to Check Out My Previous Post: Bucky The Beaver!

Margaret with Bucky
Well now that we have Bucky all buckled up safely into the passenger seat, it was time to leave Texas, on the road to my first audits on my own.

Sky with Bucky
Drive time was looking to be roughly 7 hours. However today, was going to be one of my favorite drive days all summer for one reason, and that was because in the course of my 500 miles, I would get to stop and see 3 friends whom I hadn't seen in about a year each.

My first stop was in Austin, where they're trying to... keep it weird. I didn't fully understand the concept, but I also didn't spend much time in the city. Once I arrived in Austin, I met my friends Sky and Margaret for a nice lunch at a local Chinese food joint. It wasn't bad at all, you cant go wrong with orange chicken. After about an hour, I said my farewells, but not before taking photos with Bucky!

After Austin, I continued on my way up to Dallas, passing by Baylor University. It was a beautiful campus. It was at this point that I decided one of my constant stops would be major colleges and universities. I love seeing the different campus', especially their football stadiums.

So in Dallas I was meeting my friend Andrew for dinner, but before I decided to make a stop and the
Dallas Cowboys Stadium
Cowboys stadium and Six Flags Over Texas. Conveniently they were across the parking lot from each other. Now I don't know how many of you have seen the Dallas Cowboy's stadium, but its massive! the giant glass and metal structure shines in the Sun and has a very intimidating atmosphere to it. Inside they have 2 Jumbotron's that span nearly the entire length of the field! Someday I hope to be able to go inside.
Texas Sky Screamer

Across the street at the Six Flags I got to see their water park, whose slide tower structures almost looked UFO like. I also was able to see a few of the coasters from the road. The Sky Screamer was also running which was pretty cool. If you don't know what those are, think of those spinning swing set carnival rides, and put it on steroids.

Shortly after I met Andrew for dinner at a local Mexican restaurant, which was quite delicious! I love Mexican food, and am quite the critic on it, but it was quite enjoyable. Plus getting to catch up with Andrew was nice. After a short tour of his home, and of course a photo with Bucky, I was back on the road for the last 3 hours of my trip.

See Norman!
Night fell shortly after I entered Oklahoma, and arrived right about 10PM. I was staying in a Holiday Inn Express, and it was my first night on my own on the road. While I missed my new friends, it was quite nice having the entire room to myself.

For More Photos Check out the #LyfInFocus-Texas to Oklahoma Album! (The photo quality of these is not my best and I aplogize for this! They get better I promise!)

Stay Tuned for the next post: See Norman!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before being displayed.