Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Bucky The Beaver!

Bucky The Beaver
 Be Sure to Check out My Previous Post:San Antonio!

Bucky The Beaver. Some of you may have seen pictures of him, and a few of you have actually met him. But for the rest of you, you're probably wondering who he is and why there is an entire post about him.

Well Bucky is a Beaver, and he is from Buc-ee's in New Braunfels, TX. Buc-ee's is a small chain of GIANT roadside gas stations/travel stores. These stores are quite incredible, and as soon as I found out that I was in Texas, I knew I had to stop there. Why may you ask did I make stopping at a gas station a top priority? Well that's actually a funny story.

Back in March, one of my friends went to Texas for spring break, and when she returned we talked about how it went... but there was a point in the conversation that turned quite humorous. She said "OMG, I went to the coolest place ever.... but you need to brace for it.... you ready??? It was a gas station!". I just started laughing. I was expecting like getting to see a great white shark in a tank and feed it sheep or something. But she went on to explain how massive this place was, the beaver mascot on everything, and how it was totally worth the hype on the road trip.

Buc-ee's Convenience Store
Inside a Buc-ee's
Well she wasn't kidding! There were about 60 gas pumps, 20 chests of bagged ice outside, and once you walked inside.. WOW. There were 4 main parts to the store. On the right was any soda or snack you could want for the road, the middle was a restaurant (complete with salads, sandwich's, burgers and more!), a fresh jerky counter, and on the left was a gift shop with all sorts of Buc-ee's branded items and other random bits and gobs, and finally tucked into the far back left was a hunting store! This place was incredible. Completely worth the stop and honestly disappointing that I couldn't spend more time there.

Check Out This Video about Buc-ee's!


However, before I left, I picked up a souvenir who became my best friend on the road. I appropriately named him Bucky, and hes ridden in the passenger seat of my car all summer. When you are alone for most of the summer, it is comforting to have someone right there next to me, even if he was a stuffed animal. Some people told me it was OK as long as I didn't talk to him, and if I did talk to him, it was OK as long as he didn't talk back. Well I must have lost it pretty quick because before I was even out of Texas I was having full on conversations with my little buddy.

As the summer progressed and I met friends along the road, I had them take a picture with Bucky. Here are a few of them:
Stella and Bucky

Pam and Mary with Bucky



So Thanks to my little buddy who helped me back it out the other end of the summer with a smile on my face! If you want to see more of Bucky's adventures, check out his own #LyfInFocus Album!

Be sure to check out my next post: Texas to Oklahoma!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before being displayed.